FAQS about International Divorce in Haiti.
1. Q: Is the Haitian divorce legal in my Country ?
A: Since your marriage is recognized worldwide, it is what is called “reciprocity” in
International Law, so Yes the Haitian divorce is recognized worldwide*.
· However, it is still recommended for persons looking to get a divorce in Haiti to get legal advice concerning the validity of such divorce in their state of residence.
2. Q: Do I have to travel to Haiti for this process? For how long?
A:Yes you will have to travel to Haiti for only two (2) days (48 Hours).
3. Q: How long will it take for you to get your divorce papers?
A: You will be able to get your divorce papers in two months
4. Q: And how about child custody and child support?
A: The divorce decree will pronounce itself about the child custody but will not fix the child support.